Monday, December 3, 2007

A MESSAGE FROM GOD (A MIRACLE?) PART 1

What is a Miracle?

The Merriam Webster Collegiate Dictionary, defines a miracle as being: "An extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs."

The Random House College Dictionary, defines a miracle as being: "An event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a divine or supernatural cause."

This next post is very difficult for me to write. Simply, because no matter how I tell this true story, my words will fall far short of describing properly the actual events. I will say, however everything that occurred on the date, July 12, 1981- a Sunday- rested in the holiest of hands, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ-from the beginning of the events of that day to the glorious conclusion that week. It was a blessed event that took place in the life of my brother. On his behalf, I must tell you when he was born, it was said by the elders in my family, that he was born with a veil covering his face. I'm not exactly sure what that means, so I will leave it up to those of you who are interested to research it. I do know from the tidbits of his life I have been privy too, that God has a special place in His heart for my brother.

JULY 12, 1981 ( 7pm SUNDAY EVENING)

There was nothing unusual about this particular Sunday. The day started out very hot and quiet. I was sitting on my living room sofa,when my seven- year- old daughter ( this is the same little girl whose life had been saved by God twice) came out of her bedroom and asked me if she could go outside. I told her it was getting late (7pm) and that she would have to stay on the front porch. She wanted to take her (new) toy telescope with her, so I let her do so. As she left to go outside, I went to get my statue of Mary Jesus' mother off the television. (Check my other posts for her story.) I, then, went and sat back down on the couch. I wanted to say a prayer and talk to her. (It was something I did all the time.) I was holding my holy mother, the same way I always held her. I had my right index fingertip touching the right side of her heart and my left index fingertip touching the left side of her heart. When, suddenly, my fingers started to pulsate ever so slightly. I was startled at first, the statue had always moved in my presence, but her heart had never pulsated. I couldn't believe what I was feeling! So, I laid her down on the couch beside me as I nervously kept saying, "Oh my God! Oh my God!" Gently, I reached over and cradling her in both hands, I placed my fingertips back on her heart. It was pulsating now like a regular heartbeat. I got up and laid her down on the couch, and reached over to pick up the telephone to call my sister and tell her the glorious news. At that moment, my little girl burst into the living room shouting: "Mommy! Mommy! Come out on the porch, so you can see the beautiful picture of a man in the sky!" She grabbed my hand and started pulling me toward the front door. I told her I couldn't come and see her picture because something miraculous had just happen to me. As she continued to plead with me to go onto the front porch and see the 'picture of the man in the sky', I was just as bound and determined to call my sister and tell her about my statue of the holy mother's heart beating. It was literally a tug - of -war going on between us, to either go and see what my daughter was so excited about or call my sister. I chose to call my sister. My daughter turned and ran out the front door back to the porch. I remember placing the call to my sister and how excited she became once she heard the news, and how she couldn't wait to hold the statue in person. ( She has held my statue of the holy mother many times, but has never witnessed her moving.) That was about 7:10pm. I have no further memory of anything until 11 pm that Sunday night. (God, had erased the hours from 7:10 to 11pm from my mind.)
That night, my husband and I were sitting at the dining room table enjoying one another's conversation, when, the angelic voice whispered into my right ear, "Ask your daughter (she knew my daughter's name) what did she see?" Her message came just as my daughter was walking past the dining room table, getting ready to go to bed. When I stopped her and asked, "What were you trying to tell me earlier? What did you see in the sky?"

END OF PART 1


Copyright 2007, 2008

No comments: