Monday, January 21, 2008

A LIFE SAVED BY GOD ( 1st TIME )

I was sitting at the dining room table giving my 9- day old baby girl a few ounces of water from her bottle, when my older daughter and her cousin playfully ran by us laughing and screaming. The baby had just taken a few sips of water, when she was startled by the outburst and started to choke! (Please don't give an infant water while young children are sharing the same room). My sister (who was visiting at the time) and I tried everything possible to clear her lungs of water, but nothing worked.
EMS (Emergency Medical Service) was on the way, but I felt they would not arrive in time. She was so tiny, so dependent on me to save her, and I was failing to do so. I was so afraid that she was going to die. I could feel the life draining out of her. As I took my baby (who still couldn't catch her breath) and held her aloft in front of me (in the center of my kitchen), I instinctively cried out to God for help. 'Please, please don't take my baby from me! You just gave her to me!' And, when I lowered her back into my arms, after what seemed like an eternity (but was only a moment), she was breathing normally.
Psalm 77:1 reads: "I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me."
The EMS crew had just entered the house. They took my baby, laying her on a mat on the dining table. After having examined her, they said she seemed to be breathing normally, but she needed to be taken to the hospital because of her age and to insure that no water remained in her lungs. While her lungs were being x-rayed, I prayed for my baby again.
And, because of the Grace of a merciful God, they found no trace of water left in her lungs.
I Praise God for Answered Prayers!

No comments: